Air Show Location – Hillsboro Airport
The Oregon International Air Show office is located at the Hillsboro Airport. The office opens approximately 60 days prior to the show date. Office hours vary and it is recommended you contact the office prior to driving out to the office. The Air Show office closes for the season a week after the Air Show.
The Oregon International Air Show will take place at the Hillsboro Airport, located in the city of Hillsboro at 3355 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Take Tri-Met to the Air Show
The Airport is located approximately 1/3 mile north of the Washington County fairground Tri-Met light rail station. The station, which is located on NE 34th in Hillsboro, provides travelers with access to Hillsboro as well as downtown Portland. For more information on routes and schedules, go to www.trimet.org.
To Be Determined.
Where to Park
The Air Show offers three parking lots to Air Show guests:
• The Intel Jones Farm parking lot on 25th Ave is a free parking facility open to all Air Show attendees.
• The Sunset West Business Park on 25th offers closest parking right near the Orange Gate entrance for $5 per car.
• The Washington County FairPlex off Cornell Road offers parking for $5 per car.
• General Admission, Reserved and Box Seat guests may park at any of the above locations.
• VIP Chalet guest parking is at Intel Jones Farm on 25th. A VIP parking pass is required to enter the VIP lot.
• View Parking Map - Orange is for VIP. Blue is for handicapped. All others: follow directional signs. Purple at Intel should be near end of arrow.
Ride Your Bike to the Air Show
A partnership with the Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition has allowed us to coordinate a dedicated parking area just for bikes during the Saturday and Sunday shows this year. It will be located in the Airport Terminal Building parking lot off Cornell Road near the Solar World Black Gate. This lot is directly across the street from the Washington County Fair Grounds.
Return to Top
Vehicles with official handicap hangers may enter through the white gate off Cornell Road and park in the handicap lot on the Airport field. Other handicap parking will be available in the Sunset West Business Park and the Intel Jones Farm parking lot off 25th Avenue. The Air Show will provide shuttle buses for handicap/senior citizens at Intel Jones Farm and from the Max Station off of Cornell Road. The closest outside parking for handicap provided by the Air Show will be at the Sunset West Business Park.
Return to Top
Below is a listing of hotels that are Official Oregon International Air Show sponsors. Hotels are in close proximity to the Airport and some offer free shuttles to and from the event. Be sure and check with the hotel on available weekend shuttle service prior to booking.
Larkspur Landing – Hillsboro
3133 NE Shute Road
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Courtyard by Marriott – Hillsboro
305 NW Stucki Place
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Hilton Portland @ Executive Tower
921 SW Sixth Avenue
Hillsboro, OR 9724
For a more extensive list of area hotels, please contact the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce at 503-648-1102 .
Return to Top
Accommodations – RV Overnight and Parking:
You can find a list of local RV Parks in the area here, or for more information you can contact the Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce at 503-648-1102 .
Airport & Road Closures/Pilot Information
2013Road Closure Information
There will be road closures for the 2013 Air Show.
Check back frequently for more information on road closures.
Aerobatic Box Hours and Aerobatic Box Road Closures:
This information will be listed in the downloadable 2013 Road Closure document above when available.
Air Show Tie Down Aircraft Parking Information
Location: North T-Hangar area direction provided by Hillsboro Airport Tower: 503-615-5479
Cost: No aircraft parking fee at any time; Parking space based on first come; first served availability. We do not accept reservations.
A shuttle is provided from the Tie Down area to the admission gate. All guests are required to enter the field through the Air Show admissions gate during Air Show hours and must purchase a ticket to enter the Show. Purchase Tickets here or over the phone at 503-629-0706 .
Air Show Week Fly-In information:
Friday: 6am -12:30pm and 4pm – 6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 6am – 10:30am and after 5:30pm
- Check the Notices to Airmen(NOTAM’s) for actual start time of the Temporary Flight Restriction(TFR). There may be construction closures in addition to Air Show closures.
- If you are arriving prior to the Temporary Flight Restriction going into effect, you should have no problem making a routine approach to Hillsboro.
- For the Friday show, plan to arrive and be parked prior to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- The Friday show generally ends with pyrotechnics, including fireworks and a wall of fire. Plan on a minimum 15 to 30 minute delay prior to the reopening of the runway while the Port of Portland sweeps and checks the runway to ensure it has not been contaminated. Please be patient as you exit after the show is over on Friday.
- For Saturday and Sunday, ensure you are on the ground and parked prior to 10:15 a.m. local time.
- Once the TFR goes into effect, it will be very difficult to enter/exit the airspace and is only allowed on emergency basis.
- Make sure and get the Automatic Terminal Information Service(ATIS) before checking in with the Tower on frequency 119.3MHz. Call the tower at least 10 miles from the airport.
- Expect to land on Runway 31 (wind permitting). After touchdown, either turn NE on taxiway B or Rwy 2 (if able, it’s only about 1,700 feet from the Rwy 31 threshold). Otherwise turn SE at any exit and Ground Control will direct you to spectator parking at the “Northeast T-Hangars”. From there, a shuttle will bring you over to the Air Show main gate.
- If you arrive after the show has begun, Hillsboro Ground control may be able to assist you on frequency 121.7MHz.
Check Your NOTAMS.
The gate times and schedule vary each day. Friday Night gate times are 6:00-10:00pm; Saturday/Sunday gate times are 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
Return to Top