The Oregon International Air Show, presented by Standard TV & Appliance is proud to once again host Special Needs Day, presented by MyBinding.com. This day is in memory of long time community leader and volunteer, Margaret Teufel, who dedicated her life to serving others. The goal of Special Needs Day is to allow our hosted special needs guests an opportunity to experience the thrill of an air show and meet some of the best pilots in the air show industry. Our goal is to create a lasting memory for each guest that comes to our Show.
Information to our Non-Profit Organizations
Groups and organizations already approved to receive Air Show tickets will find their name listed at the bottom of the page. By June 1, we will email a letter asking for these group’s ticket requests for the 2016 show. Orders will be filled on a first-come basis so reply to the letter as soon as possible after receiving it and no later than July 1. New group application deadline is June 15. Send new applications and changes and 2016 contact information to: email@example.com
To better serve your organization and ensure that we meet our federal guidelines as a 501c-3 nonprofit organization, we are making important changes to our registration & selection process. Please note new process below:
- Special Needs Day will be Oregonian/Oregonlive Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7.
- Special Needs tickets will be for general admission area and include a meal for the special needs individual and one chaperone (maximum of two per approved guest). This will allow all family to join their special needs guest by purchasing general admission air show tickets. A discount rate is offered when purchased by July 22.
- We encourage each guest to bring a blanket or chair for the General Admission area and arrive early for close up seating.
- All Special Needs Day guests must apply for their tickets through one of the non profit organizations listed below.
- Organizations must be a non-profit with a federal ID number.
- A limited number of donation tickets will be sent directly to the non-profit organization. Each non-profit organization will select special needs recipients based on the number of passes they receive from Air Show. It will be the responsibility of the organization to ensure tickets are only given to special needs guests.
- special needs guest and one for a caretaker or chaperone. Each ticket will include a light lunch and beverage.
- It will be the responsibility of each non-profit to distribute those tickets. A list of those recipients must be provided to the Air Show no later than May 15, 2016.
- Non Profit organization must complete Special Needs Day tickets application and provide non profit approval with Federal ID #.
To request consideration of a Non-Profit Organization not already listed below, please submit request on organization letterhead to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include contact name, phone, the population you serve and your organization’s 501c3 number.
Approved non-profit organizations as of 5/1/16:
503 808 9949
503 941 5256, Ext. 123
503 719 4244, Ext. 3
Chehalem Youth & Family Services
503 537 2936
Danville Services Oregon
503 330 4213
503 642 1581, Ext 205
503 443 6084
503 640 0818
Housing Independence of Oregon
503 740 5715
503 649 6110
503 546 2950, Ext. 18
Inukai Family Boys/Girls Club
503 640 4558
Life Works NW
503 645 3581, Ext. 2959
Luke-Dorf Inc/Safe Haven
503 726 3740
Make A Wish Foundation
503 292 2280
Muscular Dystrophy Association
503 223 3177
Off The Couch Events
503 702 2394
503 739 2240
Self Determination Resources
503 292 7142
Sequoia Mental Health Services
503 318 3245
503 248 0600, Ext. 16
St Mary’s Homes for Boys
503 259 2280
United Cerebral Palsy
503 546 2991, Ext. 332
Youth Villages Oregon
503 675 2296
The Air Show distributes tickets directly to the above approved organizations. Please contact the non-profit organization that best fits your special needs individual to request tickets for the on this list if you would like to receive tickets to the 2016 Air Show. Groups will be provided with a specific number of passes for special needs kids and adults.
Purchase Additional Tickets by July 22nd!
• All kids under 12 are free in General Admission on Frontier Friday, Oregonian/Oregonlive Saturday or Sunday. Get your ticket online here.
• Adult General Admission is $5 off using code EARLYBIRD until July 22.
• Buy early and save!
• If you have any questions, please contact us directly: email@example.com